What are you giving your teen for Christmas? Think about a teenager bedroom makeover? It’s a gift that keeps giving and has multiple benefits for both you and your teen from improving your relationship to future gift potential.
Let’s explore the utmost effective reasoned explanations why you ought to give your teenager’s bedroom a makeover this holiday season.
1. It is a practical gift that will be enjoyed well beyond the vacation season.
2. Redoing your teen’s bedroom makes your teenager feel valued and important, as the project targets her likes (favorite colors), interests (great inspiration for a room theme) and needs (improve storage area and activity zones).
3. Focusing on an organizing and decorating project together can be a positive solution to reconnect or stay linked to your teen. Painting walls and refinishing furniture are great joint activities.
4. Footing the bill for teenager’s bedroom makeover provides you with a great excuse to suggest some organizational improvements. Supply new storage units so everything includes a home. (Save money by looking at an area dollar store first.) Search for storage bins and organizers that coordinate together with your teen’s bedroom.
5. Reorganizing a teenager bedroom also affords a great possibility to de-clutter it. Encourage your teen to get rid of stuff e.g. excess toys and clothing. There’s little point keeping items which are no further used, needed, or have been outgrown.
6. De-cluttering a teenager’s bedroom can also be used as a valuable lesson in passing along previously loved what to those less fortunate. Box up unwanted items and contribute to an area charity or hand out to friends and family (check first to make sure they want it).
7. Giving your teen’s bedroom a facelift encourages pride of ownership and the responsibility of better maintaining the space.
8. The New Year (when teens start back to school in January) is also the perfect time for you to establish new routines such as a quick once around the room tidy-up each night before turning in.
9. Bed-in-a-bag sets are generally inexpensive, easy to find, and offer great inspiration for a teenager bedroom theme.
10. The doorway to future’decor’gifts is wide open. Consider giving decorative photo frames, wall stickers, light switches or throw pillows as birthday presents.
11. A training about money and budgeting can be provided with to teens with expensive tastes. Discuss which items will be given as something special and what is an acceptable budget. Decide also whether or not your teenager should contribute to the overall cost with money earned from the part-time job.
12. A young adult bedroom makeover project that includes fresh paint, flooring, built-in features (e.g. shelving and window seats) and/or new light fixtures could increase the value of one’s home.
Finally, give cash or even a hand-crafted’Teen Bedroom Makeover’voucher (complete with several written ground rules and the offer of guidance and physical help if required).